Image default
Video

Making Simply Beautiful Photographs | National Geographic

Purchase the National Geographic Book “Simply Beautiful Photographs” http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=6200645&code=NG20310
➡ Subscribe: http://bit.ly/NatGeoSubscribe

About National Geographic:
National Geographic is the world’s premium destination for science, exploration, and adventure. Through their world-class scientists, photographers, journalists, and filmmakers, Nat Geo gets you closer to the stories that matter and past the edge of what’s possible.

Get More National Geographic:
Official Site: http://bit.ly/NatGeoOfficialSite
Facebook: http://bit.ly/FBNatGeo
Twitter: http://bit.ly/NatGeoTwitter
Instagram: http://bit.ly/NatGeoInsta

National Geographic photographers describe the moments behind the shots, and editor Annie Griffiths explains the concept behind the new National Geographic book, Simply Beautiful Photographs. This video features stories by David Doubilet, Jodi Cobb, Michael Melford, Sisse Brimberg, and Jim Blair.

Making Simply Beautiful Photographs | National Geographic

National Geographic

source

Related posts

National Geographic Traveler Guidebooks

admin

Best Vacation Destination By National Geographic Traveler (Extreme Rest) 2011

admin

Sights and Sounds of India | National Geographic

admin

29 comments

Neelam Sheela Anbalagan July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Mr. Michael Melford's sunrise with fog shoot was awesome… Really admirable… & ANNIE GRIFFITHS
words really inspired me.. TANQ

Vin L July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

I love Annie's voice.

Thomas Tessier July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Awesome, I want this book.

Donovan Steele July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

great

HECTOR’S ROOM July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

😱😱👍🏼

Marshall Marshall July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Amazing!! I would like to start a photography business…please follow me on instagram: https://instagram.com/smartscott

El Guapo July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Simply Beautiful !

Dj White July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

WASSUP! Leave A LIKE on this video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dj White July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

im in school…. this video is alrite… TURN  UPPPPP!

Free Stock Images July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

The Sea Lions from South Australia are awesome! Be great to be a photographer like this.

frogsoda July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

So because one god is imaginary, that means all gods are? "Science" wouldn't last a minute if that were true.

Science Cannot prove everything. And the findings aren't even right all the time. Much of the time actually.

frogsoda July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

"BAm BAm BAm and the photo was in the can."

If only it were always that easy.

Ruba hosam July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

well i dont know which areas do you mean, certainly areas that are not following islam correctly, because as i told u, true islam doesnt allow that, you see i live in Saudi Arabia, the most islamic country you could find! and no such thing happens here 🙂

Pasha July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Do some research right NOW, I don't know/care which culture/religion exactly does it these days but it STILL goes on 100% in many areas.

Ruba hosam July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

totally with you dont get me wrong but just so you know killing female newborns was an arab habit before islam.. when islam came it put a line to that so its currently haram to kill any innocent person is islam 🙂

sangie2009 July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

BEST PHOTOGRAPHY EVER: maggiehs-photos.blogspot.com/

carl shneebly July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Its to bad National Geographic will probably never hire another staff photographer. I think the last one they hired was back in like '93, not sure though.It would be an awsome job.

Herzen Cortes July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

National Geographic Education brings geography, social studies and science to life. Along with brilliant photography they never failed to amaze us. They've given access to those who cannot travel the world.

Herzen Cortes July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Thank you Annie! You are absolutely right in emphasizing the elements of light, time, color and wonder in creating beautiful photographs.

Rodah July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Just order this book!

MaxSafeheaD July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

@LambdaQuarks
No worries, I'm often the same.
It's embarrassing some of the things I've typed then looked at previous comments and thought … actually, I'm being a dick!
I totally agree with your other beliefs too although I don't like to think too much past the death question because I allways end up with an incredibly bleek nihilism … which for someone with a record of cronic depression is not much fun! =P
It helps to remember how simple my brain is compared with these questions.

MaxSafeheaD July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

@LambdaQuarks
No worries, I'm often the same.

LambdaQuarks July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

@MaxSafeheaD
Maybe using the term "idiot" was going over-board for me. I get hot-headed when this topic comes up because everyone walks in on high chairs acting like they know everything. If your question is if it is possible to be mentally stable, healthy, and morally good with out faith then the answer is yes. I am an Atheist and I live my life with honor and integrity. I respect all life and enjoy being here for the short time that I am. I am strong enough to accept death.

MaxSafeheaD July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

@LambdaQuarks
ok, fair enough.
but
If having faith gives you a phychological lift, why is that idiotic?
It would be better to have similar mental toughness without faith but is it possible?
It is a very dangerous tool, but we are only alive for a certan amount of time.
For example I don't share Daniel Illabacas or Chase Armiages faith, but it's very hard to argue it hasn't given them and those around them pure joy.
It's not possible to enjoy being Nihilist, so why should I criticise them?

LambdaQuarks July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

@MaxSafeheaD

I said if you prefer. I couldn't care less what you are so don't get to excited. I can't substantiate? The claim isn't that there is no god..the claim is that there is one and no one in centuries has been able to provide proof. You can't claim something and say it is true simply because there is no counter evidence to it. There are Ninjas in other galaxies, you can't really prove that this ISN'T true either right? until we go there.

MaxSafeheaD July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

@LambdaQuarks
The only obvious idiot here is one who makes claims he cannot possibly substantiate, like "the truth is that there is no god."

Further idiocy is indicated by the assmption that I an a theist – which I am not.

I bet you'd still you like to dig your hole deeper though?
Go on …

LambdaQuarks July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

@MaxSafeheaD

Go live in ignorance if you prefer ignorance is bliss. If the truth is that there is no god and life has no higher purpose but to be life and that is it then so be it. I rather be a nihilist then an idiot who believes in fairy tales because he can't sleep at night as he can't handle the truth.

LambdaQuarks July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

What song does it start the video with.

AndreasNV July 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm